Sanford Naval Air Station Reunion
Reunion hosted in Sanford, Florida
45th Annual Reunion Notice - June 27th through June 30th, 2013
Hosted by the Fleet Reserve, 3040 West State Road 46, Sanford FL, 32771. Phone: 407-330-1706
- Thursday, June 27th: Club opens at 11am for sign in / check in and socializing (telling lies for you sailor types) The kitchen will serve Brunswick Stew and corn bread at noon ~ $4.00
- Friday, June 28th: Club opens at 10am. The evening dinner will be served from 6pm until 8pm. Menu will consist of sour orange roasted pork, chicken marsala, steamship round (beef), garlic mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, garden salad, dinner rolls, desert, coffee or tea $16.00 per person. Music, karaoke, and dancing from 7pm – 11pm.
- Saturday, June 29th: Club opens at 10am. Annual picnic lunch. Picnic faire includes pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans, coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato chips $9.00 per person.
- Sunday, June 30th: Club opens at 9am. Farewell breakfast buffet served from 9am-1pm. Scrambled eggs, eggs to order, hash browns, grits, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, fruit cocktail, toast, coffee or tea $7.00 per person. Try our $1.25 bloody mary special!
Make your reservations at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites, Seminole Towne Center, 201 North Towne Road, Sanford, Florida (@ State Road 46 and Interstate 4). Call to reserve at 407-995-1000 and tell them you are with the NAS Reunion. The new lower rate is $80.00 per night. If you call prior to June 13th, 2013 (do not call toll free number for this rate). Contact Elia Matos, Director of Sales, with any issues. Amenities include refrigerators, coffee makers, and a continental breakfast.
While you are here:
- See the RA5-C aircraft on display at the NAS Sanford Memorial Park, located at the entrance to the Sanford/Orlando International Airport.
- Ask us about the PV-1 Ventura Patrol Bomber. This was the first plane used at the Sanford Training Command in May, 1942.
- Also while at the airport, visit the baggage pick-up area. They have a NAS Sanford display on hand.
- See the Sanford Veteran’s Memorial Park at the lakefront. There are over 2300 Memorial Bricks on display. Is yours there?
- Visit the Museum in downtown Sanford (Phone: 407-688-5198). They have incorporated a NAS Sanford historical display. The museum is located on 1st Street.
- We are still soliciting any pictures or base history extending from 1942 to 1968.
*If you are unable to attend you may still send us an article or photographs. Please contact or send them to Jerry Bohm (phone 386-668-4851), 450 River Dr., Debary, FL. 32713-9711 or email Ralph with your feedback at: email@example.com. Other contacts of interest are websites for the Fleet: FRABRANCH147.ORG
We can’t wait to see you all again at “The Fleet”