- The Master of Ceremony was Chief Warrant Anthony Atwood, USNR.
- Chaplain Jay Walrond performed the Pledge of Allegiance and the Invocation.
- The principal Speaker was Captain Peter Husta, USN - Fourth Fleet Liaison Officer at U.S Southern Command.
- Captain Frank Dailey USNR (ret) spoke about "Prewar 1941 and Postwar 1945: Challenges for Training Commands."
- There was a tribute to the 95 servicemen who died while training at NASFL, including those of Flight 19 and NAS Banana River.
- Mike McGee performed the Flight 19 "Reading of the Names".
- The "Sounding of the Bell" was performed by Donald Prichard, Executive Officer to the Sheriff (served in Iraq).
- The lovely Vocalist Jahida Jorganes sang "God Bless America".
- The master Bugler was Robert Young who began and closed the ceremony.
- There were four NASFL WWII personnel present: George Lord, Aviation Gunner's Mate on TBMs, William Warneke, Aviation Radioman on TBMs, Johnny Johnson, Aviaton Gunner's Mate on TBMs and Jack Bellow, Aviation Gunner's Mate on TBMs.
Thanks for attending,
Allan McElhiney, President
NAS Fort Lauderdale Museum
- Click on thumbnails to read description -
Photos by Minerva Bloom for the NASFL Museum