The historic NASFL Museum is a 501c3 organization. Your help will be greatly appreciated as day by day, we are tackling the task of making the Museum fully operational to be enjoyed and analyzed not just by researchers but for the general public. There remains much work to be done so we can get our Certificate of Occupancy.
We have many wonderful, faithful volunteers, who kindly donate their time, expertise or influence. There are many opportunities to volunteer, as we can use all sorts of individuals with varied skills in the areas of history, curators, exhibit maintenance, administrative/clerical assistance, computers, general repairs, cataloging, construction, landscaping, etc. Whether you are a college student, a retired senior or a working adult with the desire to give back to your community, we have opportunities for you! Must be at least 18 years old. Volunteers needed year round, Monday - Sunday. Flexible schedule.
LIST OF THINGS NEEDED AT THE MUSEUM:
- Restore the Guard House to original condition with proper signs. We have the lumber, but we need workers for the restoration.
- Remodeling of two restrooms for handicap accessibility.
- Moving of two exhibit torpedoes from the back to the front of the building for better viewing.
- Remodeling of windows & inside window treatments.
- Hurricane preparedness: Tree branch trimming.
- New security alarm system.
Or e-mail us: email@example.com